Flipkart.com
$1.99/mo Web Hosting
Save some Cold, Hard Cash! $7.49/yr domains

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mozilla Firefox 4 - Just too quick launch by Mozilla..

It was a last month in the never-ending Internet browsers race. First, Firefox 4 was finally launched on 22nd March,2011  – last of the next generation browsers to hit the market,  trailing behind Chrome 10 and Internet Explorer 9.

I was using Firefox 3.6.16 and was prompted to upgrade to a newer version. I agreed to up-grade to 3.6.16 but when I went to download this I was fed Firefox 4. I have tried using 4 for for a weeks on my Sony VAIO laptop running 4GB of RAM and core 2 duo processor with OS Windows Vista x64..

It takes alot of memory in start up almost 240 MB.. which is a big amount to open just google.com.. also not supporting persona so well.. It seemed to be actually slower and didn't play well with the "persona" I wanted to use.. It also doesn't have "Save and Quit" option where you close multiple tabs..another issue is like open with new window and open with new tab are in different in the order.. I was used to click on second option and now it's too difficult to change my habit.. I had opened 6/10 links in new window while I was trying to open in new tab..

I have just uninstalled 4 and reinstalled 3.6.16. One can download 3.6.16 from FileHippo or similar source or you can directly go with official site
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

To make faster startup for firefox you need to disable add ons.. read more from
http://gigaom.com/collaboration/firefox-feeling-sluggish-disable-your-add-ons/



Hope to get some improvement from Mozilla.. I should say it's the worst firefox version till the date..

No comments:

Post a Comment